This is a private group of Handshake enthusiasts whose goal is to:
- Bring top quality, premium Handshake TLDs to the market for live auctions
- Raise awareness of the Handshake blockchain project
- Bring in new buyers and communities to the Handshake project
- Raise money for the growing community and foundations.
- Have some fun!
It is not:
- Meant to be a low-quality spam fest of every name people submit
- A get rich quick scheme to pump and dump a coin or a set of domains
- A “job” to the community for those organizing it.
Short answer: no. This is because these are blockchain domains and once the seller transfers the domain to the buyer - no refunds or reversals are possible. If we allowed credit card transactions, we as the escrow would be taking a large chargeback risk from the buyer in the case where the buyer receives the Handshake TLD name, and then still decides to file a credit card dispute. We are not certain that the credit card company would understand or accept the idea of crypto domains and may favor the buyer’s chargeback, leaving us as the escrow with no domain name and no funds.
If there are solutions where the name and the payment are interconnected in case of a buyer chargeback, we are open to reconsidering this position. A case where we would hold the name on behalf of the buyer for an extended amount of time until the chargeback risk is mitigated.